I’m writing this post, with my head seemingly tilted in an intellectually pleasing pose, as if I’m really contemplating yet another year more well-delved into my 20-something life. The truth is though, I just have a bad twisted neck from sleeping like a monk who slammed forward and snoozed off during his chanting session.
Now there’s the first resolution there, you shall sleep in a lady-like manner, whatever that means, as long as you’re not fooling people’s vision with your slightly awkward and stiff neck the next day. Okie, what I actually mean is:
1. Obey the clock! Accept the fact that I’m no longer an irresponsible, procrastination-prone college big baby. Sleep when I should, greet deadlines as they’ve been set and maybe then I won’t get a twisted neck. As my prof. from Reuters (met the guy today) says, DONT be on time, BE EARLY!
2. Live my weekends! Yes this will happen, at least fully so for twice a month. Never can have enough time to spend with mom, dad, the fam, hubby and friends. Need to also Keep in Touch with people outside the country. That is why i’m still a facebook addict. I miss the cultural sideline events: cooking huge and risky meals, picnics on a green, seeing plays, musicals, exhibitions, a day out of town, an afternoon biking, leisure reading ( seemed like it used to be all enclosed in a campus setting…now all I have to do research for it in Hanoi or am I just lazier and older 😦 ) —> This resolution alone is a whole set
3. Eat Breakfast and Exercise! ? I won’t comment on this until I’ve made some solid progress if not start….
4. Progress workwise! I’d like to learn how to use Adobe After Effects and start a collection of reports, put my environmental studies major somehow to use. Any snazzy name for a short weekly sequence on the urban ecology?
5. Take the GRE! It’d be about time considering I’ve started carrying the book around since I was in France (2 years ago)
6. Apologize to Photography! something I’ve kind of left hanging for the past 6 months and I can imagine if my D60 could talk, how much of a grudge it’d hold against me. Either need to continue doing what I’ve been doing or learn this the right way from the right person, Question: Who?
7. Travel Vietnam! It’s embarrassing to say that I’ve outweighed the 3 or 4 places I’ve been to in my own country with a long list of visited spots elsewhere. So I’m going to try to change this at least a little. Top destinations are: Moc Chau, Sapa, Phan Thiet, and Phu Quoc Island
8. Dance! This has been something very lacking from my life since the moment I graduated. I realized it was not only something that really got my spirit going, it’s also my reason to skip the 2nd part of resolution N0.3. Need to find a weekly hour-long class: ballroom? *mehh*, hip-hop?, jazz? or bellydancing? *hmmm*
9. Parlez Francais?! I won’t anymore if I just stick to reading Reuters’ updates every night. My host parents in Nantes, yes you remember them from my early blogs, we still keep in touch so that helps with the written language a bit. I’ve gotten some old novels too. For the conversation part, I’ve found this biweekly hour-long speaking club that’s free. I’d love to take classes at Alliance, but with its fee and schedule, completely not working to my advantage, the club will just have to do.
10. Make a 2010 30-second Year-in-Review! Now this is going to sound super-narcissistic, but I saw this video on CNN I-report, it was a submission to a 30-second year review competition. The man took a picture of himself every single day for the 365 days of the year that there are, at the same spot each time, put it together, reduced the speed to 30 seconds. It was like pantomime being fast-forwarded, absolutely amazing his facial expressions, change of hair, beard, whatnot. It’d be wicked if I can do something like that, but I’m planning to have other people in it too./.
I almost added, ‘be cyber-ly updated’, but decided not to. Besides the fact that “cyber-ly” is not a word, you’d know by now, after the 2 years I’ve had this blog, that it ain’t going to happen…If it does then hurray, but otherwise, won’t spoil your plate of expectations.This is it so far, there are some others, but this isn’t gonna exactly be the Bridget -Jones’ -resolution -list -with -“Get the guy”, “Smoke 1 less cig”,- “slice 1lb off your bum”- kinda post. So yes, kept it nice, simple and transparent, easier to follow and also easier to accept the possible failure of a set of 10 things then obviously chasing my own tail with a gazillion ambitious peaks that will only seem blurrier as the year throws its fist at me. Happy New Year loves!